The conclusion is a very important part of your essay. Although it is sometimes treated as a roundup of all of the bits that didn’t fit into the paper earlier, it deserves better treatment than that! It's the last thing the reader will see, so it tends to stick in the reader's memory. It's also a great place to remind the reader exactly why your topic is important. A conclusion is more than just "the last paragraph"—it's a working part of the paper. This is the place to push your reader to think about the consequences of your topic for the wider world or for the reader's own life!
A good conclusion should do a few things:
- Restate your thesis
- Synthesize or summarize your major points
- Make the context of your argument clear
Restating Your Thesis
You've already spent time and energy crafting a solid thesis statement for your introduction, and if you've done your job right, your whole paper focuses on that thesis statement. That's why it's so important to address the thesis in your conclusion! Many writers choose to begin the conclusion by restating the thesis, but you can put your thesis into the conclusion anywhere—the first sentence of the paragraph, the last sentence, or in between. Here are a few tips for rephrasing your thesis:
- Remind the reader that you've proven this thesis over the course of your paper. For example, if you're arguing that your readers should get their pets from animal shelters rather than pet stores, you might say, "If you were considering that puppy in the pet-shop window, remember that your purchase will support 'puppy mills' instead of rescuing a needy dog, and consider selecting your new friend at your local animal shelter." This example gives the reader not only the thesis of the paper, but a reminder of the most powerful point in the argument!
- Revise the thesis statement so that it reflects the relationship you've developed with the reader during the paper. For example, if you've written a paper that targets parents of young children, you can find a way to phrase your thesis to capitalize on that—maybe by beginning your thesis statement with, "As a parent of a young child…"
- Don’t repeat your thesis word for word—make sure that your new statement is an independent, fresh sentence!
Summary or Synthesis
This section of the conclusion might come before the thesis statement or after it. Your conclusion should remind the reader of what your paper actually says! The best conclusion will include a synthesis, not just a summary—instead of a mere list of your major points, the best conclusion will draw those points together and relate them to one another so that your reader can apply the information given in the essay. Here are a couple of ways to do that:
- Give a list of the major arguments for your thesis (usually, these are the topic sentences of the parts of your essay).
- Explain how these parts are connected. For example, in the animal-shelter essay, you might point out that adopting a shelter dog helps more animals because your adoption fee supports the shelter, which makes your choice more socially responsible.
One of the most important functions of the conclusion is to provide context for your argument. Your reader may finish your essay without a problem and understand your argument without understanding why that argument is important. Your introduction might point out the reason your topic matters, but your conclusion should also tackle this questions. Here are some strategies for making your reader see why the topic is important:
- Tell the reader what you want him or her to do. Is your essay a call to action? If so, remind the reader of what he/she should do. If not, remember that asking the reader to think a certain way is an action in itself. (In the above examples, the essay asks the reader to adopt a shelter dog—a specific action.)
- Explain why this topic is timely or important. For example, the animal-shelter essay might end with a statistic about the number of pets in shelters waiting for adoption.
- Remind the readers of why the topic matters to them personally. For example, it doesn’t matter much if you believe in the mission of animal shelters, if you're not planning to get a dog; however, once you're looking for a dog, it is much more important. The conclusion of this essay might say, "Since you’re in the market for a dog, you have a major decision to make: where to get one." This will remind the reader that the argument is personally important!
Graduate research paper needs a lot of research as is evident from its name but while writing a graduate research paper, the researcher has to keep in mind that during research, he or she has to indicate the names and other relevant details of other researchers as well to safeguard himself/herself from plagiarizing. A research paper is of no value without a separate references page because a references page informs about various supportive content of source of information.
Graduate thesis or graduate dissertation are also writing exercises that are done on high education levels and need in text citation, references page according to the set academic writing style, title page, paragraphs divided in terms of different ideas, proper argumentation, valid justifying quotes, introduction, conclusion and all other detailed information like all other written graduate papers.
The time given for writing graduate papers is usually not manageable as the task is grand and challenging. In such state of affairs, students are in need of some support from a helping party such as CustomWritings.com.
If you got mixed up with the questions like: "Who can help me write my Graduate paper online?" or "Which custom writing companies should I choose to do my Graduate research paper?" - contact our company.
CustomWritings.com is the solution of all your problems concerning, graduate research paper writing, graduate term paper writing, graduate thesis writing, graduate dissertation writing and graduate essay writing for all the subjects of studies. Order graduate papers from our custom writing agency, which is the best in writing all kinds of graduate papers and has acquired the services of academic writers who are experienced and skilled in the profession of writing and write flawlessly and on all the topic on any subject that is assigned to them. Our provided graduate papers are properly referenced because our writers have written thousands of graduate papers for customers all over the world. We have nearly 9,000 customers all over the world who consult us for their writing problems regularly. Our written graduate papers are appreciated and properly completed that's why our customers prefer us in place of any other company. Our provided graduate papers are carefully checked for plagiarism and language mistakes.
Along with the provision of exceptional graduate papers, we also facilitate our customers to ask us for revisions if needed. We believe that our customers should be satisfied with our performance of graduate papers writing. We care about our customers and facilitate them with the best graduate paper writing service.